Smoked Haddock Risotto
- 320g Natural smoked Haddock
- 150ml milk (For fish stock)
- 500ml Water (For fish stock)
- 1 bay leaf (For fish stock)
- 6 black peppercorns (For fish stock)
- 25g butter
- 2 shallots, peeled and finely diced
- 25 g of Frozen or fresh garden peas
- 25g of diced leek (1cm dice)
- 150g risotto rice
- 100ml white wine
- 10g flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 4tbsp Parmesan, grated
- Place the bay leaf and peppercorns, milk and water in a pan, then bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, at this point add the fish for 10 minutes, until the fish is cooked.
- Lift the fish out with a slotted spoon, remove the skin and flake the fish. Keep the fish stock hot.
- In another pan, melt the butter and sauté the shallots for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the rice then pour in the wine and simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Add a third of the fish stock and continue to stir whilst it is simmering. When the rice has absorbed the stock add another third and repeat again until the stock is reduced and the rice is cooked and creamy.
- Fold in the chopped leek, garden peas and parsley, 2tbsp of the Parmesan and the flaked pieces of fish.
- Cover and leave to rest for 5 minutes then serve with the remaining Parmesan to be sprinkled on top if wanted.