Healthy Fish and Chips
Serves 4 | Prep 10 min | Cook 30 min
- 600g sweet potatoes, scrubbed and cut into chips
- 2tsp sunflower oil
- 1tbsp reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1tbsp Dijon mustard
- 4 x 200g white fish fillets, such as Skippers Choice Haddock, Cod or Lemon Sole
- 40g dried breadcrumbs
- Cooking oil spray
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 320g broccoli florets
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6. Toss the sweet potato chips in a bowl with the sunflower oil, then put them in a large baking tray lined with baking paper. Bake for 30 min or until tender and golden.
- When the chips are half cooked, combine the mayonnaise and mustard in a small bowl. Put the fish in a second large baking tray lined with baking paper. Brush the tops with the mayo and mustard mixture, then scatter with the breadcrumbs to coat.
- Bake the fish in the oven for 8–10 min until firm to the touch. Heat the grill to medium-high. When the fish is ready, transfer to the grill for 3 min or until the breadcrumbs are golden.
- Meanwhile, put a frying pan over a medium-high heat and spray with a little oil. Stir-fry the garlic and broccoli for 3–4 min until the broccoli is bright green and tender-crisp. Serve the fish with the sweet potato chips and garlicky broccoli, with lemon wedges to squeeze over.
Recipe courtesy of healthyfood.co.uk