Smoked Mackerel Pate
- 2 Whole smoked Mackerel
- 1 tsp. freshly grated Horseradish
- 2 tsp. Dijon Mustard
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. Crème Fraiche
- ½ Lemon, juice only
- 100g/2½oz unsalted butter, chopped
- Spring Onions, chopped
- Sourdough Bread, cut into slices
- Remove the skin from the fish - the odd bone is fine as the mixture will be blended. Add the fish to the blender.
- Add the horseradish, mustard, black pepper, crème fraîche and lemon juice and blend to a paste.
- Add the butter and blend until smooth. Season to taste with salt.
Serve with spring onions or sourdough bread.