- 300g undyed smoked Haddock
- 2 bay leaves
- 300ml milk
- 4 eggs
- Handful chopped parsley
- Handful chopped coriander
For the rice
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 tsp. ground turmeric
- 2 tsp. curry powder
300g easy-cook long grain rice, rinsed under running water
- For the rice, heat the oil in a large, lidded pan, add the onion, then
- gently fry for 5 mins until softened but not coloured. Add the spices
- season with salt, then continue to fry until the mix start to go brown and
- fragrant; about 3 mins.
- Add the rice and stir in well. Add 600ml water, stir, then bring to the boil.
- Reduce to a simmer, and then cover for 10 mins.
- Take off the heat and leave to stand, covered, for 10-15 mins more.
- The rice will be perfectly cooked if you do not lift the lid before the end of the cooking.