Hot Smoked Salmon & Leek Chowder
Prep time: 20-25 minutes
Cooking time: 26-30 minutes
- 1 medium onion - finely chopped
- 1 medium cauliflower - finely chopped
- 2 medium leeks - finely chopped
- 1 stick of celery - finely chopped
- 1 cup of frozen sweetcorn kernels
- 2 x 180g packs hot smoked salmon, skinned and flaked
- 500 ml vegetable stock
- 500ml skimmed milk
- Fresh Thyme
- Salt and pepper and fresh thyme
- Add a generous knob of butter and a little olive oil to a large pan and gently sauté the onions until soft, then add the leeks, cauliflower and celery, place a lid on and sweat until all the veg are soft.
- Add sweetcorn, stock and the milk to the vegetables and let them simmer for 10-15 minutes. Using a spoon take out one third, blend with a hand-whizzer and return to pan before adding flaked fish. Stir with a little more olive oil and let it cool slightly before serving.
Thanks to our friends at Fish is the Dish for this delicious recipe