Oven poached turbot
- A whole turbot
- Prawn stock
- Dry white wine
1. Using a sharp knife make a cut around the dark skin inside the fins. The turbot will split there making it easier to serve.
2. Make the prawn stock by boiling prawn shells and water until well reduced.
3. Make the sauce by boiling some dry white wine and adding the prawn stock.
4. Poach the turbot with the sauce in the oven for about half an hour.
5. Once cooked, reduce the sauce and add to a roux to thicken. Add in some cream and a little tarragon...done!
Thanks to Mark Carson for submitting this as part of our fish dish recipe request supporting Fish is the Dish's #my2aweek campaign. If you have a recipe you'd like to share please post it on our Facebook page.