Smoked Mackerel Dauphinoise
Prep time: 10-12 minutes
Cooking time: 55-60 minutes
- 1/8 inch thick 1/2 pound smoked mackerel or kipper fillets, skinned, flesh broken into large pieces
- 1lb Kestrel potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cups double cream
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / Gas mark 5.
- In an 8 x10 inch gratin dish, gently toss the potatoes with the mackerel and bay leaves.
- In a bowl, mix the cream with the mustard and season with salt and pepper. Pour the cream over the potatoes and bake for about 1 hour, or until the cream has thickened and the potatoes are golden and tender.
- Discard the bay leaves before serving.
Thanks to our friends at Fish is the Dish for this delicious recipe